A citrus-flavored rice dish.
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1 1/2 cups of a flavorful liquid (see Flavorings)
- 1 tsp butter
- Onion, chopped (~half of a medium-sized specimen)
- Garlic, minced (~2 cloves)
- 3/4 cup citrus juice (part of the flavorful liquid)
- 3/4 cup chicken broth (part of the flavorful liquid)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp Italian herb blend
Melt the butter in a skillet over low-medium heat. Add the onion and 1/4 tsp of the salt and cook until translucent, stirring occasionally. Add garlic. Cook until the edges are brown, stirring occasionally. Add the uncooked rice and toast the rice until the grains are golden brown.
While the onion, garlic, and rice are cooking, assemble the liquid. Combine the citrus juice and chicken broth in a small bowl.
When the rice grains have turned a golden brown color, add the liquid to the skillet, along with the remaining 1/4 tsp of salt and the Italian herb blend. Bring to a boil. Then turn down the heat and simmer until the liquid is absorbed.